Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Japan - Day 9 - Kyoto

And from Osaka to Kyoto... I started to get used to travelling all time, as if that was my ordinary life. When I arrived in Kyoto I was dead tired. I needed a bed like water... fresh water... guess what? Surprise! when I got to the hostel they told me that the check-in was from 16h, superb!! (at least, they let me leave my luggage there). So, there I was, in the middle of Kyoto, tired and sleepy. I remember myself looking around for a mountain or some place far from the buildings where I could lie and sleep like a tramp.


There was a mountain at the East that seemed to be 4 or 5 km away so started walking for it. In the way I passed by a huge cementery. I didn't know exactly where I was heading for...


By chance, that mountain ended up to one of the most important parts of kyoto with a lot of famous temples and... noisy tourists!! Grr!!


So, I had to climb more and more until I found a quiet place where I, literally, fall asleep (I heard some hikers passing by.. they must thought that I was a strange gaijing hehe). As a symbolic gesture I took a picture (see above) of that comfortable place :D


I went back in the afternoon, see some more temples (yes, thousands of temples in Kyoto, I started to hate them) and had lunch in a Yoshinoya (my favourite place to eat fast and cheap). Then I went to the hostel and I FINALLY had, a great sleep from 18:00 to 9:00!!! Ufff!

2 comments:

Angela said...

nice bed! have you ever tried to sleep in the Magdalena gardens? ;)

Sangorrin said...

of course! ;)