Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Edinburgh

In October 2018, I had the chance to attend the Automated Testing Summit and the Embedded Linux Conference in Edinburgh thanks to a sponsorship by the Linux Foundation. I spent most of my time working, attending meetings and discussing projects.


I used the little free time I had to explore the streets of Edinburgh. I was impressed by the city's architecture, and I loved the cobblestone paths and old-style buildings.


In particular, the Edinburgh castle, which is on top of a hill in the middle of the city, was astonishing. The Linux foundation organised a sweet party inside the castle, and even a better one in the National Museum of Scotland, another must-see.


After my hiking trips in Snowdonia and the Black Mountains in Wales, as well as my trip to the Lake District in North West England, I had always wanted to hike in Scotland. I didn't have time for a long route, but luckily Edinburgh has a hill called Arthur's Seat within walking distance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

precioso paseo con unas vistas a la ciudad vieja geniales... Feliz año Dani! Un pasiego